Activity Level - Moderate
Take a 4-mile journey down the beautiful Shenandoah River. This Experience Adventure includes:
· Learn basic paddling, steering, and safety techniques.
· Enjoy breathtaking views of the Shenandoah River valley.
· See diverse wildlife native to the area such as Whitetail Deer, Great Blue Herons, Turtles, Bald Eagles, and more.
· Choose from half-day, full-day, and multi-day trips.
Whether your group includes novices, experts, or both, you can expect a day filled with fun, team building, and adventure.
What to expect:
· We start at the OEC, where you will be outfitted with the proper gear for the day’s adventure.
· You will then be shuttled to the “put-in,” where your journey will begin.
· Before taking off, you will be briefed on safety precautions, paddling and steering basics.
· After some hands-on instruction, you will be off!
· The staff will ensure periodic stops for snacks, water, lunch, and bathroom breaks.
· The shuttle will be waiting at the “take-out” to take you back to the OEC.
You must have a group of 10 or more participants. All participants must be 8 years of age or older. All participants are required to wear closed-toe shoes and Personal Flotation Devices throughout the entirety of the trip. Bringing a water bottle is strongly encouraged.