Activity – Moderate/Strenuous
Experience “Wild and Wonderful” West Virginia on a backpacking trip that will leave you in awe of the landscape. This Experience Adventure includes:
- An experienced guide, who will not let you miss out on points of interest along the way.
- Choose a one-day or multi-day hike on any of our popular hiking routes.
- Learn about our native environment, including wildlife, rocks and terrain, fauna and flora.
- Learn basic skills needed for wilderness survival, including cooking, water filtration, building fires, shelters, and more.
- Optional Purchase: Food
- Optional Rental: Sleeping bags, tents, backpacks and cooking gear
What to Expect:
- Your group will meet at the OEC, where we check to ensure that everyone has the proper gear and weight load for the journey.
- Your guide will lead a discussion and demonstration of how to properly pack your backpack and protect your health during your trip.
- Depending on the route chosen, you will either begin hiking from the OEC site or shuttle to a nearby trail head.
- Your guide will lead the group in taking breaks and encouraging everyone to drink plenty of water to ensure comfort and safety.
- We will work together to prepare meals, filter water, and prepare camps for overnight hikes.
- When we reach our destination, you will be shuttled back to the OEC.
All participants must be able to carry 20 + lbs. over an extended period of time. All participants must be 10 or more years of age. Group sizes will depend on the route of interest.